All my friends know that I love community day events, church fairs, First Friday events (especially First Friday Main Line!), and so on.
Community events are what brings people in this busy world together for simple fun and just the joy of getting together. As I photograph a lot of these types of events, I always meet fun people.
So East Goshen has East Goshen Township Community Day this Saturday, June 23rd starting at 5 p.m. and the rain date is June 24th. (and the photos I have up are from other events I have covered, not theirs as I have never been!)
As a new Chester County and East Goshen resident I am really looking forward to checking this out!
East Goshen says that although their park is dog friendly, this event is NOT a dog friendly event, so leave your pooches at home. There are fireworks and will be a lot of people, so it is also kinder – that is a lot of stimulation on a day that will undoubtedly be warm.
So I am told that the activities will include:
- Fireworks at dusk (yay!)
- Former US Army Golden Knights Parachutist will land on park fields
- Two live bands: Cool Confusion and Blue Sky Band
- Giant moon bounce, slide,obstacle course, trackless train,carnival games
- Laser tag
- Stubby the helicopter from the American Helicopter Museum
- Free golf swing evaluations from a pro at Tee it Up Golf
- Antique fire truck
- Face Painting by Center on Central
- Information tables with various folks from Paoli Hospital
- Monster basketball
I am a giant kid at heart when it comes to these events, so I can’t wait! Come out and hang with your friends and neighbors and enjoy a fun, old-fashioned, summer evening in the park.
And oh yes, I just called East Goshen to confirm this is a FREE event. I am sure the food and carnival games might have a nominal fee, but there is no entrance fee.
See you in the park!