The shopping center where Resellers in Frazer is located was sold. I wrote about it December 1st. Resellers will be around until the end of month I believe.
Alderfer Auction is doing the merchandise liquidations in a series of auctions. I bought a small Eastlake side table for a fraction of what it was worth. It has a slate top and I thought it would make a good plant stand.
I went over to Resellers today to pick up my table and to preview what would be in the final couple of Alderfer Auctions.
The photo above shows my side table withOUT the slate top. Here it is with two Clivia plants on it:
There are a couple of more Resellers Auctions through Alderfer. Here are some preview items I thought were interesting:
I have gotten some wonderful things from Resellers over the years. Josh Unruh the owner has done a terrific job. You can also find him up at Stoudts Black Angus Antiques up in Adamstown, PA.
Resellers had a great run. I will miss it.
I hear the warehouse that Resellers is located in will be split up into multiple stores? Don’t know if that means two or more than two.
Resellers closing will create a definite void in my opinion. There are several stores which try to be like Resellers, but they never have been quite able to capture the eclectic mix they created.
So where should people go to treasure hunt once Resellers is closed? Here is my short list:
1. Brandywine View Antiques 1244 Baltimore Pike. Chadds Ford, PA 19317
2. Classic Home Consignment 113 E King Street, Malvern, PA 19355
3. Habitat for Humanity ReStore Caln
Caln Plaza Shopping Center
1853 East Lincoln Highway
Coatesville, PA 19320
4. Habitat for Humanity ReStore Kennett New Garden Shopping Center
345 Scarlet Road
Kennett Square, PA 19348
5. The Loft at Knots and Weaves 218 East King Street, Malvern, PA 19355
6. Old Soul Decor 119 W. Market Street, West Chester, PA 19382
7. The Rusted Rooster Marketplace 510 Route 313 Dublin, PA
8. The Smithfield Barn, Downingtown, PA (you can find them at places like Clover Market and Gas Works in Frazer, PA)
9. Consign-It Furniture in Kennett Square – New Garden Shopping Center 345 Scarlet Rd, Suite 12 Kennett Square, PA 19348
10. Consignment Shop at Surrey 810 Lancaster Avenue, Berwyn, PA (the older ladies who work there are delightful, the manager less so)
11. Jake’s Flea Market 1380 Route 100, Barto, PA (obviously not open in the dead of winter as it’s mostly outdoor – keep an eye on their Facebook Page and website they will be back in April)
12. The Clover Market – with several locations seasonally in Bryn Mawr, Chestnut Hill, Kenneth Square, Collingswood NJ. Follow them on Facebook for the most up to date news.
I will also remind people to keep an eye out for Caring Transitions of Chester County sales and auctions. They are truly a hidden gem. I also recommend them highly for their senior downsizing and estate services.
Please note I have not been compensated in any way for my personally curated list above. These are businesses I patronize.
Thanks for stopping by.